Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Snack


The two things I care about on Super Bowl Sunday are the commercials and the food. I'm not doing much of anything to celebrate this year, so decided I'd spend my time making my own tortilla chips and guacamole. I could eat this snack for every meal of every day and enjoy it just the same. Now I just need a seat on the couch and a Corona and lime.


For chips: quarter tortillas. spray baking sheet with cooking spray. place tortilla pieces on sheet & spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt & a bit of cayenne pepper. cook at 350 for about 10 minutes. flip at minute 5.


For guac: mix avocado, diced tomato, roasted jalapeno, red onion, garlic & cilantro. add salt, pepper & squeeze of lime. garnish with cilantro sprig if you're feelin' fancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment